Hello world is good to be back, firstly I would like to apologize because I have not made any kind of posts at all this do to me going to school and getting caught up with homework and tests and everything else but I am here now and I am going to do my best to bring you what ever I can please accept my apologize again, and now for the posts.
Docky is a fronted for GNOME Do that introduces an entirely new way to interact with Do. Docky helps Do become more directly involved with your desktop by providing a persistent mouse based Dock interface while remaining true to Do’s keyboard only interaction. Being tied directly into Do allows Docky to be adaptive and dynamic. Docky can do whatever Do can and a little bit more.
New Features for Docky:
- Drag and Drop items onto the Dock (files, folders, and applications from the menu)
- Drag and Drop remove items from the dock
- Drag and Drop items into folders on the dock, as well as the trash can.
- Drag and Drop reordering of items on the dock
- Image previews of items which support it
- True parabolic zoom (can be disabled)
- Click animations
- Intuitive resizing by dragging on the dock separator
- Adding and removing “Statistical Items” (items which Do considers relevant to you) from the dock by dragging the left and right edges
- Window indicators (supports advanced window indicators)
- Advanced window management features via the Window Manager plugin for GNOME Do
- The ability to make Docky Automatically Hide when not being hovered. Often referred to as autohide.
- A full frontend to GNOME Do
- Add items to docky from GNOME Do searches
Now for the install Part, the fun part (not really)
First we need to add the software source ppa:docky-core/ppa and install the package, we are going to do this in the terminal open it and type this below. Hit enter after each line.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:docky-core/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install docky
This is all now to open Docky go to Application>Accessories>Docky it will open just a simple bar to customize it just drag and drop applications on it. Source, Cheersssssssss!!!!!!!